Thursday, August 12, 2010

XIX- Dynamic Character

"Yes. Isn't it pretty to think so?" Yay! I feel like a proud mama. Jake has finally come full circle and let Brett go. This quote to me showed that Jake has finally decided to move on and realized that their life would have never worked out. For some reason, a wound he received in the war had come between him and Brett and neither could get past it. Brett moved on in a messy way, but at least she moved on. I don't think Jake ever did and that held him back psychologically. By saying that it is pretty to think so, Jake has shown that he realizes that it would never work out and that moving on is the best thing to do. Hopefully, this will let him be happy with himself and a better friend to those he has pushed away.

3 comments:

  1. I would like to think that this comment means that he will move on, but honestly, I think it will still take Jake a considerable amount of time to truly move on. He still seems too touchy about his past relationship with Brett to have actually moved on. If anything, the events of this novel simple assured Jake that he wasn't the only man mistreated by Brett.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the Blandfordinator. I don't think Jake has quite moved on yet. It seemed to me he was imagining what it would have been like to have been in a relationship with Brett.

    ReplyDelete