Wednesday, August 11, 2010

XI- Random Thoughts That I Think

I decided to do a blog entry to express my thoughts about some of the things in this novel so far. First of all, I feel really sorry for Cohn's children from his first marriage. They are mentioned once, maybe twice, so far and it seems that he has no contact with them and doesn't care about them. I think it would really stink if my dad didn't visit or write. I also feel really bad for Francis too. She is sent off to England by Cohn because he wants to spend two weeks in San Sebastian with Brett. Francis has been with Cohn for a long time and I think he is losing interest in her. I also think it is extremely distasteful of Cohn to intrude on Michael and Brett's time together in San Sebastian. So, while I feel sorry for Cohn, I also think he is being a butt head to say the least. Finally, these are my thoughts on the actual going-on's in this chapter. I think this sojourn to the Spanish mountains to fish will be a good thing for Jake. I think it will help him relax and have time away from those who push his buttons. This will be important because I predict it won't be the last time we will see Cohn, Brett,m and Michael and I think Pamplona is going to be interesting.

1 comment:

  1. it's tough to feel bad for characters barely mentioned. It's almost as if kids don't exist in this world!

    ReplyDelete