Wednesday, November 10, 2010

"Hunters in the Snow" #7

I think the purpose of the scene is to show the lack of care that Tub and Frank have for Kenny. He is laying in the truck dying and repeating "I am going to the hospital," but Frank and Tub and having a nice meal. It shows mostly the lack of concern that each character has for each other. Each of the characters spend the majority of the time obsessed with their own problems, and I think that they would take out their problems on the weakest link. At first the weakest link was Tub, and then it was changed to Kenny. The scene basically is screaming self-centeredness. I think that Frank's insight holds seeds of real remorse, but a lot of the time I think he is just kidding himself. Some examples are his "smile" to Tub when Tub tells him that he will always be on his side. For some reason that smile did not seem genuine to me, especially when he was acting horribly to Tub a couple of hours earlier. Also, the biggest one is that if Frank really experienced a change in character or had some remorse, he would not be leaving his friend out in the cold to die. I think he would be rushing him to the hospital. I think his remorse is just a front to get people on his side for leaving his wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment