Wednesday, November 17, 2010

"Eveline" #6

I think that Eveline has a will not to leave Ireland, but I think most of it is that she can't. Eveline remembers her promise to her mother to keep her family together. She remembers that she has family. Finally, I think the fact that she thought, "could she still draw back now after all he had done for her?" was a good indicator of her will. Eveline had doubts about going in that line, but she wasn't going to choose to go with Frank because she loved him, but because he had done things for her. In the end, I think that she realizes this and chooses not to go, but has that blank expression because she also can't. The father's relationship with his children kept coming back into my mind and I think that was also a reason. A lot of people in abusive mental and physical situations cannot leave and Eveline couldn't. She had all those thoughts about leaving, but she came back to her old life and to the fact that she loved him, but not the type of love most think about, and chose to stay. I think Eveline decided to let her life decide for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment