Friday, July 9, 2010

The Talisman (Ch. 10)

I thinks it shows a lot about the war when a person still believes his girlfriend's pantyhose are still good luck even when she dumped him. It also says a lot about the person and how he has been affected. I wonder if having faith in Jesus is a little like having faith in those pantyhose. I know that I am automatically comforted when I pray and that I feel that everything will be alright. The author has told us previously that the only religious soldier was Kiowa, so its safe to assume that Henry Dobbins was not. I think the pantyhose were his comfort, his "religion" while he was out in the bush. While I do not believe in putting that much trust in well, pantyhose, I believe that it is what kept him alive. It wasn't the pantyhose's magic persay, but I think it was his strong belief that kept him from putting himself in dangerous situations. I also think that another defining factor was his hope to return home to his girlfirend and start a life with her that gave him the push to stay safe and not put himself out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment