Friday, July 9, 2010

Communism (Ch. 19)

I learned a lot about the Vietnam War form U.S. History last year, and I think the author's daughter hit on something when she said, "This whole war, why was everybody so mad at everybody else?" It reminded me of the U.S. view on communism which is what started the whole war really, that and a treaty. Now for a short history lesson, the Viet Cong were a small communist party from S. Vietnam that joined with N. Vietnam to take over non- communist S. Vietnam. Now, the U.S. joined in because they were worried about a communist domino effect. They wanted to defeat all communist areas because they were afraid that communism would reach the U.S. and take over. I might have gotten a biased lecture from my teacher, but this is how I understand the start of the war. I think Kathleen was right. Why was the U.S. mad when the fight had nothing to do with them and is on the other side of the world? Many U.S. soldiers died in a war that the U.S. didn't even win. I think that the U.S. should have stayed out, but then again that is my opinion from the history lesson I got. Why was everybody mad? They weren't really, everybody just had their own agenda.

3 comments:

  1. The United States and its agenda. Now there's a war.

    Also, it makes me giggle that you called her Kathleen. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm... I wasnt talking about Mrs. Helbing. I was talking about the daughter! That's really funny =D

    ReplyDelete