Thursday, July 8, 2010

Frenemies??? nah thats too grade school... (Ch. 5 and 6)

The relationship between Lee Strunk and Dave Jensen kind of reminded me about the tension between my best friend Julia and me in the beginning. We were probably four years old, but we had it out for each other and we still don't know why. Anyway, we hated each other as much as any four year old could hate someone until my friend at the time moved away. I think that caused us to get over our problems, and we have been best friends for thirteen years now. While we did not get into a fist fight like Strunk and Jensen over a stolen jackknife, I think the fighting brought us closer together. When we did decide to be friends at that great age of four we realized, in our little minds, that the worst was behind us and that we could trust each other indefinitely. This is what I think happened with Strunk and Jensen and I think that camaraderie is only forged when one realizes that it can only get better. They made a pact and the pact needed to be upheld because it is the most concrete thing for those two men.

No comments:

Post a Comment