Thursday, December 2, 2010

"You're Ugly, Too"

This was the story that was hardest for me to read because it was so long and also it was pages and pages of character analysis. I found myself confused with Zoe and I had a hard time figuring out whether I liked her or disliked her. I think in the end I found her annoying, but didn't care one way or the other. Towards the end I wondered if she was sick, like having a tumor or something, because she acted so absurd. She even at the end, tried to push Earl off the roof and exclaimed and shouted "just kidding," like that was an excuse. Also, I was interested with Earl's fascination with what love is. He wants to know what Zoe thinks about love and she keeps brushing off the question. I wondered why he was so caught up in it and I think it might have to do with his recent divorce. Also, he is a strange man for wearing that costume, just saying. This story was just full of humorous, strange, and ironic events, characters, and situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment