Thursday, October 14, 2010

"Edward O"

This poem really annoyed me, probably because I got the notes from a friend before I actually read the poem, but still. I was confused at reading the notes first because two things were classified as lie and one as truth. The killing of two animals were the lies and the killing of the father was the truth. It was only after I read the poem that I began to understand the meaning behind the poem and everything that occurred. The mother convinces her son to kill his father and the son gives the mother a curse because of the evil she made him commit. Also, when the son told his mother that he killed those animals, she knew he was lying the whole time. I wonder what type of sick person would convince her son to kill her husband and still try to keep his favor. It is a weird poem according to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment