Thursday, October 14, 2010

#17- Delight in Disorder

The pattern of this poem achieves the sense of disorder. This poem is all about disorder and the lack of perfection. The speaker seems to enjoy disorder and even like it and they show the lack of care throughout the poem. Such words like "careless shoestring" and "flow confusedly" show the lack of order and the chaos that seems to be present. Most eye-catching for me, though, was the pattern. The rhyme scheme was broken and had no particular reason except to show disorder in the poem. It stuck out to me most because I read poems out loud and there is usually a certain rhythm or flow to the poem. For me, this poem did not have one and I often found myself getting caught on a word. Therefore, the disorder was evident to me and the pattern was the reason for the broken rhyme scheme.

No comments:

Post a Comment