Thursday, January 27, 2011

Roderigo and Emilia

This is going to sound like a strange thing to write a whole blog about, but I am really glad Roderigo finally grew up in the end. He had annoyed me the whole play, always saying: "I want Desdemona but I don't have her" and "All my money's gone!" The truth is that I probably wouldn't have minded as much if he died then say, EMILIA(I mean, what the heck?). However, he finally wised up and realized what a manipulator Iago was and then he dies. I was really sad. I also didn't like that Emilia died. I though she was a very sympathetic character who was loyal, a little dense, but loved Desdemona. That she had to deal with Iago made everything worse in my mind and I think she never truly got an opportunity at anything. It made me really angry that Iago killed her even though he knew it was all over. It showed how evil and callous he is, to kill his own wife even though it is all over.

1 comment:

  1. Roderigo grew up.....for a few minutes. Then Iago manipulated him again!

    ReplyDelete